This project is a Randall-Paulson designed manufacturing facility for the Germany-based Boysen Group is an industry-leading developer and manufacturer of complete automobile exhaust systems. This new facility provides direct support to the nearby Mercedes-Benz manufacturing plant.
The primary functional components of the project include:
• 75,000 SF manufacturing floor with automatic storage and retrieval system (ASRS)
• Large expanses of operable glass are included in the walls of the factory to take advantage of natural light and ventilation
• Exterior motorized shutters were utilized to control the daylight and to mitigate heat infiltration during the summer
• The building skin is made of high-performance insulated metal panels for optimum energy performance
• A two-level administrative office building is connected to the main building via a glass-enclosed corridor.